We’re looking to recruit a PHP Developer who’s dedicated to their craft, writes code that they’re proud of, and can hit the ground running.
United by our love of technology and our desire to do things differently, we aim to be the global technology and engineering consultancy of choice for ambitious organisations seeking to create positive, incredible change in the world. But we need your help to do it!
A PHP Developer at 6B writes efficient, stable, testable, secure and reusable PHP to a high standard. You’ll be a part of an agile, full-stack development team that’s responsible for all aspects of ongoing development – from initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching.
We’re based in Wakefield, but there is the option to work remotely.
You’ll be supported to deliver and develop as a member of our 6B family too. Not only will you receive all the things you’d expect (a clear progression plan and regular support from your team and line manager), but you’ll also receive 1 training day a month for you to spend developing and honing your skills, alongside paid-for training to ensure your skills are trailblazing.
It’s your role to write good, clean code, ensuring what we create meets the needs of customers and users, with the value 6B have created being clearly demonstrated with each release. You’ll be working collaboratively with all members of the development team – either leading or supporting projects throughout the software development life-cycle.
You’ll be a confident communicator with excellent problem-solving skills. You won’t be fazed by legacy codebases, but approach them with a ‘do-good’ mindset. You’ll be proactive with raising issues and providing solutions for both projects and internal infrastructure and processes.
Reporting to the Backend Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Writing efficient, stable, testable, secure and reusable PHP modules
- Working with modern PHP frameworks, like Laravel and Symfony
- Following industry best practice, such as effective source control, code reviews, daily builds and automated deployments, within an agile culture
- Troubleshooting, testing and maintaining the backend of existing development
- Solving complex performance problems and technical architectural challenges
- Contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle
Skills, experience and traits you need to have
- PHP – OOP
- PHP framework experience (Laravel / Symfony / Zend / Any)
- Proficiency with architecture patterns MVC, MVVM etc
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment and to communicate effectively
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases, such as MariaDB or MySQL
- Git / Source control
- Several years commercial experience
- Experience of working in an agency environment
Nice to haves
- Unit testing
- Docker / container technology
- Laravel experience
- Understanding of RESTful Services and how to integrate with/build them
- TDD approach
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
No recruitment companies please.