United by our love of digital and our desire to do things differently, we aim to be the global digital partner of choice for ambitious organisations who want to create real, positive change in their businesses, and better outcomes for their customers.
But we need your help to do it!
6B are looking to recruit an experienced QA Tester, with a desire to improve the quality of our systems, QA processes and tests, and deliver high-quality solutions to our clients.
You’ll work in one of our pods of dedicated agile teams, working collaboratively to agree on the testing approach at the project outset.
You’ll be able to define and estimate tests, execute test scripts and carry out a range of tests, including compatibility, load, SEO, accessibility, performance, vulnerability and functional tests. You’ll have an understanding of different types of testing carried out by developers, such as automated and unit testing.
Please note that this is a middleweight position, so we’re looking for a minimum of 5 years’ experience for this full-time role. We’re based in Wakefield, but there is the option to work remotely.
You’ll be supported to deliver and develop as a member of our QA Team too. Not only will you receive all the things you’d expect (a clear progression plan and regular support from your team and line manager), but you’ll also receive 1 training day a month for you to spend developing and honing your skills, alongside paid-for training to ensure your skills are trailblazing.
Delivering high-quality systems at 6B is a team effort.
Your role is crucial in ensuring that what we deliver is of the highest standard – it’s your job to ensure the level of testing defined for a system is suitable and work with the team to deliver this.
Through your close working within a pod, you’ll gain knowledge of the requirements and needs of the customer, and ensure our tests meet these as well as the standard tests, functional and so on.
You’ll be responsible for the testing of the systems in your pod and reporting issues clearly for the team to resolve, providing the last stage in approval before the site is released to our customers and their users.
We want to ensure that not only do we test all the functionality, but that we avoid repeated issues and we’d like you to work with our central QA systems and data to suggest efficiencies and areas of training for other teams to avoid creating issues.
Reporting to the Head of Delivery, you’ll be responsible for:
- Testing a range of PHP and .net systems, ranging from CRMs, CMSs to bespoke developments
- Defining the test approach needed to adequately QA a system, which might include recommending automated, unit or feature tests to be created by the developers
- Carrying out the following types of testing: compatibility, load, SEO, accessibility, performance, vulnerability and functional tests
- Feeding into estimation sessions with the team
- Writing tests and test scripts
- Capturing issues with clear repeatable steps and expected results
- Exploring issues found and proposing solutions
- Writing regression and smoke tests
- Providing approval for releases
- Working with the team to maintain high-quality deliverables
- Raising risks and issues, and working with the team to quickly resolve them
- Ensuring QA is delivered to our 6B systems and workflow
- Championing quality and improvement
Skills, experience and traits you need to have
- 5+ years in a similar role
- Experience with different types of testing and testing tools and software
- Experience with automated, unit and feature tests
- Experience in an agency environment
- Curious, willing to learn and ask questions
- Meticulous and methodical
- Excellent grammar and spelling
- Clear communicator
- Supportive and kind
Nice to haves
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Experience in writing and/or reading code
Email your CV to email@example.com to apply.
No recruitment companies please.