Senior Delivery Manager
6B is looking to recruit a Senior Delivery Manager with a technical or digital background – a real team player, who’s curious with a willingness to learn, and a passion for the technology sector.
As a Senior Delivery Manager, you’ll work in one of our pods of dedicated agile teams to deliver outstanding healthcare integration projects, with opportunities to work on more complex projects as you develop.
Please note that we’re looking for a minimum of 5 years’ experience for this full-time role. We’re based in Wakefield, but there is the option to work remotely.
You’ll be supported to deliver and develop as a member of our Delivery Team. Not only will you receive all the things you’d expect (a clear progression plan and regular support from your team and line manager), but you’ll also receive 1 training day a month for you to spend developing and honing your skills, alongside paid-for training to ensure your skills are trailblazing.
Senior Delivery Manager responsibilities
Delivering a project is a real team effort at 6B and it’s your role to make sure everyone is on the same page when it comes to the project and prepared for the next step, removing obstacles to enable the project to run smoothly.
It’s your responsibility to onboard the team onto new projects and work with them to effectively deliver the project using our 6B project processes and workflow.
You’ll work with the team to resource the project, ensuring there’s a clear delivery roadmap and the project is delivered within the quality, budget and time parameters, achieving the agreed vision for the product.
Working with the team as a ScrumMaster you’ll help to coach them, fostering self-organisation, helping them to improve as a team by close analysis of ways of working and quality.
Alongside the team you’ll meet with the customer regularly to provide progress updates and demo work, preparing them for any actions they may need to take and picking up customer queries and resolving them with your team.
Reporting to the Head of Delivery, you’ll be responsible for:
- Scheduling and facilitating scrum events, meetings, and decision-making processes.
- Monitoring progress and performance and helping teams to make improvements.
- Using agile methodology values, principles, and practices to plan, manage, and deliver solutions.
- Training, mentoring, and supporting scrum teams to follow agile values, principles, and practices.
- Building a supportive relationship with our customers and understanding their needs
- Maintaining accurate project financial data
- Retaining an accurate picture of project resources required
- Effectively managing change with the project team
- Avoiding risks and issues, and working with the team to quickly mitigate and resolve them
- Ensuring projects are delivered to our 6B systems and workflow
- Championing quality and continuous improvement
- Capture and circulate accurate notes of project meetings
- Using opportunities as they arise to coach others in the organisation on Scrum
Skills, experience and traits you need to have
- Scrum Master experience and a firm grasp of Scrum practices
- Excellent people and project management skills.
- Clear and confident communicator with great presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills
- Positive and motivational attitude
- Tenacious with an ability to get things done
- Excellent grammar and spelling
- Curious, desire to learn and ask questions
- Supportive and kind
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Primary healthcare project experience
Nice to haves
- CMS and CRM experience
- Certified Scrum Master
- Agency experience
Email your CV to email@example.com to apply.
No recruitment companies please.