Technical Product Owner
Competitive, based on ability and experience
About the Company
We are a passionate and client-centric digital product consultancy dealing in all aspects of digital technology, from web and app development to bespoke software and AI. We are different from a conventional consultancy. We operate through research, collaboration, experimentation and execution. We work internationally and locally, in a variety of sectors and at a variety of scales – we are focused on the delivery of effective digital products and solutions for ambitious organisations.
We aim to set the standard for a new type of progressive consultancy. United by our love of digital and our desire to do things differently, we are on a journey to build bigger, build bolder and build beyond!
We are looking for 2 x Technical Product Owners to help define, manage and execute the 6B roadmap and identify development priorities, opportunities and risks. Working closely with your teams, clients and departments, you’ll understand their requirements and translate these into development requirements – always seeking to identify opportunities and make improvements to processes.
Building strong and collaborative relationships with our teams, clients and departments will enable you to capture requirements, develop solutions and enhancements and ensure delivery is aligned and effectively communicated and implemented. As a Technical Product Owner, you’ll proactively communicate progress, decisions and achievements against KPIs, impediments and risks. You’ll review, approve or reject outputs from deliveries against the acceptance criteria and work with our teams to address questions and concerns raised.
We’re really looking for someone who takes real pride in building the best product possible for our clients whilst working to the defined timescales and budgets.
- Previous experience in a Product Owner role or equivalent.
- Experience of product delivery for large scale projects.
- We want you to have the perfect blend of technical skills and the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships across our business and with our clients.
- You will have a track record of working in a technical role combined with a good understanding of or experience of product ownership.
- You’ll have an interest in new and emerging tech and, ideally, you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, which is always advancing and pushing the boundaries of technology.
- With a forward thinking and innovative approach, you can bring insight and translate and communicate complex requirements to non-technical people.. You’ll have an analytical mind that can take strategic concepts and break them down into logical technical steps.
- You’ll be motivated and enthusiastic and be able to share the vision for 6B.
- If you’re always striving to go one better, have a natural curiosity and love to ask questions to understand and learn, this role offers an opportunity for you to further develop a deep understanding and real expertise of Technology.
- You’ll need a good understanding of the tech lifecycle and development processes and a concept of abstract, non-tangible products.
- Having an agile mindset, you’ll have a track record of decisiveness in the face of many good choices.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate that you have organised teams to develop solutions together and can work effectively and inclusively with a range of people.
- You’ll be used to negotiating with and managing stakeholders to positively influence outcomes and get the best results. This will be achieved with strong communication skills and the confidence to be courageous, challenge the status quo and make the right decisions for our business even when it’s a tough call!
- We want you to have a good understanding of the product life cycle – you’ll understand prioritisation and validation techniques and be able to demonstrate a history of implementing changes.
- You’ll be able to use insights and knowledge in a structured way to identify options, make recommendations, robust decisions and resolve problems. Exceptionally organised, you can alternate between the detail and the big picture – knowing when to focus on documenting, planning and prioritising and when to take a step back to ensure we are achieving our vision and goals as part of the wider business.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
No recruitment companies please.