5 ways tech can drive greater member engagement
- activity within your existing membership community
- infrequent site visitors you wish would stay longer
- or regular users you’d love to convert to that paid member status
…engagement is important – no matter which audience you’re talking about. But knowing how to boost that all-important metric can be a key question, and challenge, for many membership organisations.
It doesn’t matter what industry you’re in – engagement basically boils down to people, which means there are a lot of tips and tricks we can draw upon to appeal to them.
As the technical partner behind several member platforms, we understand what you’re up against – but we also know the exciting opportunity technology can present to the market, if you use it in the right way.
Here are five ways you can make the most of technology to boost your member engagement levels.
1. Artificial intelligence
AI is a huge topic in itself – by 2030, it’s predicted that AI will contribute as much as $15.7trillion to the world’s economy.
At an enterprise level, 31% are planning to use AI within the next 12 months, while the number of businesses adopting AI grew by 270% in the four years between 2015 and 2019.
We could talk for hours on this topic alone – but to trim this down for you, here are a few key uses for AI that you could put into action immediately:
- improve your organisation’s ability to create content, organise the workplace and manage conferences (whether that’s in-person or virtually) through chatbots, AI-driven prediction tools that can track successful content examples and give marketers guidance on strategy, and brainstorming ideas, with the ability to even dictate copy so that content can be created quickly
- for more passive members, proactive AI systems can encourage engagement and communication through automated email reminders as well as membership profiling, behaviour and composition monitoring to assess the type of strategy that will best engage these passive members
- improve your marketing strategy with AI-driven predictive analytics and tools. These can help track member trends and user behaviour, giving your organisation greater insight into the members you should target, when you should target them and how to best go about it
- deliver insightful, interesting content about your sector and it will naturally provoke interaction with your audience – but it can be time consuming. Together, analytical and CMS AI tools can help you create content quicker and more efficiently by streamlining processes, whilst ensuring it hits the right discussion points based on all your user data