Principle .NET Engineer
We are currently looking for a Principal .NET Engineer to join us in shaping the future of digital healthcare.
As a Principal .NET Engineer at 6B Digital, you will play a pivotal role in leading the development of our digital solutions, with a focus on healthcare integration. You will work closely with our engineering team, project managers, and clients to design and implement robust, scalable, and secure .NET-based solutions. Your expertise will be critical in guiding the development of systems capable of helping hundreds of thousands of patients throughout the UK.
Your key responsibilities
- Leads a team of technical engineers and is responsible for the output in complex development projects
- Plans and leads software construction activities for strategic, large and complex development projects
- Ensures adherence to technical strategies and systems architectures (including security)
- Provide technical expertise and guidance in development best practices, tools, and frameworks
- Lead the engineering team in establishing coding standards and guidelines for development
- Conduct code reviews to ensure adherence to coding standards, performance, and maintainability
- Mentor and assist junior engineers, fostering their growth and development.
- Leads system design activities for large, complex systems
- Ensures the engineering team are following the proposed architecture and frequently reviews this with the team
- Documents systems for future use and development.
Quality Assurance and Testing:
- Leads activities to manage risks and opportunities associated with testing
- Writes maintainable unit and feature tests on projects that follow the AAA methodology
- Promotes a culture of quality throughout 6B and drives the adoption of testing policies and standards
- Debug and troubleshoot issues, ensuring high-quality and bug-free deliverables.
Collaboration and Communication
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including designers, and delivery managers and product owners
- Participate in project planning and estimation, providing technical insights and recommendations
- Effectively communicate project progress, challenges, and solutions to stakeholders
- Manages trade-offs and functional, service quality and systems management requirements within a significant area of the organisation.
- Communicates proposed decisions to stakeholders
- Work when required with the business development team in assisting with sales opportunities, quotes and tender applications.
- Extensive experience in .NET development, specifically C#, ASP.NET Core (6+) and .NET Framework
- Previous experience working with SignalR
- Good knowledge of Blazor or other front end frameworks
- Usually at least 10+ years of experience being a professional engineer in the specific domain
- Strong knowledge of software architecture, design patterns, and best practices
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs and asynchronous request handling
- Experience with testing frameworks (nUnit, xUnit or bUnit) and code quality tools
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills with an attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and project management tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Working with version control software such as GitHub.
Nice to haves
- Experience with integrating with primary care EHRs including SystmOne, EMIS Web and Cegedim VisioE
- Experience with integrating with secondary care EHRs including Cerner, Epic, AllScripts and Ri
- Understanding of interoperability standards such as HL7 FHI
- Knowledge of security and compliance in healthcare applications
- Previous experience with NHS England APIs, e.g. GP Connect, NHS APP, PDS and CIS
- Experience with Azure DevOps and service
- Experience with static code analyser
- Produces solution documentation, for example a DPIA, System architecture, ERDs and Dataflows.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
No recruitment companies please.